Self-Parenting Decision Test

Greetings!

Is there a very very simple test for evaluating and prioritizing any action, decision by anyone in any situation?

I have been thinking about this since some time and came across a statement from a Respected Guru from India. He said, "Your life can be either an example or a warning for others, choice is yours!"

I think the best test is asking a question "What would I want my parent to do if I was my own child?"



So, if you are getting the urge to fight,  you can ask yourself,  "If I was my own daughter , would I want my mother to fight over this issue, at this time, with this person, in this way?"

After this you may or may not fight. But the decision would have passed through the Self-Parenting Test!

Or, if you feel like dodging a responsibility,  you can ask yourself, "If I was my own son, would I want my father to dodge this responsibility,  at this time?"

After this you may or may not take up that responsibility. But the decision would have passed through the Self-Parenting Test!

We may not be the best people (and may cut some slack in that endeavour) but we always want our parents to be the best in all respects.

So, what are you planning to do next? ...

Well the question that can help find the best answer is, "What would I want my parent to do if I was my own child?"

Sincerely Mine!
Anand Kulkarni

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The envelope

Staging Sagely

The unscathed frog metaphor

Rescuing the Romeo

Predestined "Free Will"